Sending automated emails make support persons’ life easy as they do not need to look and acknowledge new requests while sitting on their desks, or keep a constant track of time so that an important follow-up with client is not missed. However, automated emails do not fit in all business requirements, and you may need to stop all or some of them. Mentioned below is the list of automated emails that Kayako sends and along with it the options to stop them.
1. Registration email – Every new user registered in help desk receives a welcome email. It can be disabled by turning off ‘Send registration confirmation email’ option available under Users > Settings in Admin Interface.
2. Autoresponder email – It is dispatched to the ticket creator confirming the receipt of a new ticket in help desk as an acknowledgement. It can be disabled from:
- Tickets created via Support Center: Admin Interface > Users > Manage User Groups > Permissions > Receives new ticket Autoresponder
- Tickets created via Email Queues: Admin Interface > Email Parser > Email Queues > Ticket Options > Send new ticket Autoresponder
3. Ticket survey email – Ticket survey is enabled for Closed status in standard installation, i.e. user will receive the survey email automatically when you change ticket status to closed. Disable the Send satisfaction survey email option to stop the survey emails from being sent for Closed status from Admin Interface > Settings > Tickets > Statuses.
4. Auto close notification emails – If you have an active auto-close rule in your help desk, your users will receive 'ticket inactivity and closure' notifications emails respective to rule criteria. These notification emails can be stopped from being sent by navigating to Admin Interface > Tickets > Auto Close.
5. Staff notifications – Your staff may receive notification emails on user account registration /updating or different ticket events. You may check and disable notification rules from Staff Interface under Home > Notifications.