This article is useful in case
you are looking to provide support to your clients using
different user interfaces, but want to have the single
installation and Admin/Staff CP for your staff.
For example, you wish that your clients can submit tickets or initiate the chat accessing different URLs :
Your staff will have to provide assistance using one backend i.e. Admin/Staff CP by accessing http://products.com/admin and http://products.com/staff.
This can be achieved with the help of multi-domain concept. In this case, the domain which is used as product URL in the help desk is called primary domain (http://products.com/). Any other domain which is used to access the help desk using a different template group is called secondary domain (http://productA.com/ or http://productB.com/).
With the Download subscription model, you can use unlimited domains for one license. Also, setting up multi-domain is not possible on SaaS.
The installation of primary
domain is a normal procedure. For secondary domain, you need to
perform following steps:
* Place the product files in document root of website to be used a secondary domain.
* Rename __/swift/config/config.php.new to __/swift/config/config.php and add the database access details of the database being used at primary domain in it. It means that the database being used at primary domain must be accessible through MySQL-CLI from the server being used for secondary installation.
* Place the license key in document root of secondary domain. You do not require the license key for secondary domain.
* Create the template groups in the primary domain which is to be linked with secondary domain.
* Make the changes in config.php file (on the secondary domains), by specifying the template group name .
* SWIFT TEMPLATE GROUP
* Can be used for multi-point installations. Use this to specify a custom template group to load for this installation.
In the above example, 'default' is the template group name of primary installation.