The steps below will help you migrate your Kayako 4 helpdesk from one server to another:
- As a precaution, take the back up of your database, templates, languages and code modifications (if any). For more information on helpdesk backups, click here.
- Check if all the prerequisites are installed on the server on which you are about to migrate the help desk. For more information on server prerequisites, click here.
- Move all the product files from the old server to the document root of the new server.
- Assign full permissions (Read, Write & execute) to "cache", "geoip", "logs" " and "files" directory, which are available under '__swift' folder, along with "__apps" directory.
- Create a new database and import the database dump taken during step 1 from the old server to this new database.
- Enter the new database details (Hostname, Database_name, Database_username, and password) in the config/config.php file.
- If the domain remains the same after migration, you may skip step 7 & 8 otherwise, you need to change the product URL in the database by using the following query from the MySQL CLI:
mysql> update swsettings set data = 'http://newproductURL/' where vkey = 'general_producturl';
- After carrying out the above mentioned steps, you need to request us to change the registered domain name, since you will need to replace the previous key with the new license key corresponding to the new domain.
- Once you replace the old key with the new one, rebuild the help desk cache from the web browser using the URL in format 'http://newproductURL/staff/index.php?/Core/Default/RebuildCache'.